This article may be helpful to those who use POP3 email as well as Gmail for their email communications. It is well known to most of us that web based email services like Gmail, Yahoo are much more feature rich and advanced in comparison of POP3 email clients. If you have multiple email addresses then it would also be a good idea to have your all emails at a single place. By doing this you’ll not only save your time which you spend in checking individual email boxes but also save yourself from remembering multiple login IDs and passwords.
You can easily import emails from your POP3 account to your Gmail account. Here are the steps I had taken to setup my own POP3 account to my Gmail account –
1. Log-in to Gmail and find the Gear Icon at the right side of the screen. Click on it and from the drop down menu click Settings. (see picture) –
2. A Settings screen should appear as seen in the picture below. Click on Accounts and Imports tab. Now find “Add a POP3 email account you own” link. Click on it. (see below picture)
3. A pop-up window should appear as shown in the picture below. Enter your POP3 email address and click Next Step.
4. Now enter your POP3 account details in the next screen. Your service provider should have provided these details to you.
5. As you click Add Account, and if the details provided by you are correct, you should see the screen like this –
Choose “No” if you just want Gmail to import emails from your POP3 account and finish the setup. Otherwise if you also want to be able to send mail from your POP3 account using Gmail, choose “Yes”.
If you choose “Yes”, Gmail will ask for a verification in the further steps and you will be able to send mails also using this POP3 address.